My Articulate 2010 Wish List
Articulate is an awesome product with a great community behind it. Additionally their support rocks. But we should all challenge ourselves to be better.
Having spent a few years using Articulate, and the last year really digging deep into it, I have come up with a few items I would love to see in the next version of Articulate. Feel free to add your wishes via comments.
In no particular order:
- Move the code base to ActionScript 3. This would make the product more efficient and attract more Flash Programmers./li>
- Add Event broadcasters to the SDK. It would be great to know when a student clicked the next button for example, or when a slide ends, or if a toolbar item is activated.
- Add LMS/Scoring to the SDK. It would be great if my swf could send a score to Articulate which would then be part of the Pass/Fail /Complete/Incomplete eventually passed on to the LMS.
- Incorporate Screenr into the product line. Perhaps even add the ability to annotate Screenrs./li>
- I know it is not really part of Articulate Studio (yet) but please add more login options for Screenr.
- Let me put more than one Flash objects on a slide!
- Create an exchange site where folks like me can upload their work. I see this as a logical extension of the Community. Most of the software world is moving this way… iPhone apps, Android Marketplace, heck Ford Sync has an app store. It would be a great selling point, attract more developers, and result in better eLearning. Maybe there could be a request section where folks could ask devs to create stuff…
- This one is a bit of a stretch… but hey, we can dream right? Each named powerpoint object should keep that name when converted to swf. So if a box is named “bigBlueBox” in ppt I would be able to find it with some ActionScript. Perhaps it could just be an attribute of the converted object.
- Player Template Dialog improvements. This screen is always sloooow for me. In addition, often when I make a change, it does not seem to stick; the next time I publish or preview it still has the old template. Also, why must I play that ‘save file’ game every time I make a change?